"Calling" (コール Kōru) is the act of placing a unit from a non-circle zone onto one of your rear-guard circles or to your guardian circle. There are two types of call regarding effects and game rules: Normal Call (ノーマルコール Nōmarukōru) and Superior Call (スペリオルコール Superiorukōru). When a unit is moved from a non-circle zone to a circle, then it is considered to be "placed on" that circle, regardless of whether it was truly played or not.
Placing a card onto the field as a locked card is not considered calling the card.
During your main phase, if there are no effects being resolved at the moment, you may:
- Choose a card from your hand whose grade is equal to or less than your vanguard's grade (or your Legion Leader's grade, if your vanguard is in Legion), as well as the (RC) on which to place the card.
- Declare what you're doing ("I call" for example), and place the chosen card on that circle as [Stand] .
- Abilities that state "When placed on (RC)" can be used at this moment.
- Retire any units on the same circle where the unit was placed on, except the newly called unit.
You may repeat this process any number of times during your main phase, as long as you have cards within the criteria in your hand.
During your guard step of the battle that your units are being attacked, if there are no effects being resolved at the moment, you may:
- Choose any one card from your hand. There are no grade restrictions in this case, unless an effect specifies otherwise.
- Declare what you're doing ("I guard" for example), and place the chosen card on your guardian circle as [Rest] . The placed unit is now a guardian.
- Choose one of your units that is being attacked, and the guardian will guard that unit. While the guardian is on (GC), its [Shield] value is continuously added to the [Power] of the unit it is guarding, until end of that battle. If it does not has a printed [Shield] value, its [Shield] value is regarded as 0.
- Abilities that state "When... placed on (GC)" can be used at this moment.
You may repeat this process any number of times during this guard step, as long as you have cards within the criteria in your hand.
Calling a unit to rear-guard or guardian circle by using an effect is known as "superior call". The grade of your vanguard does not limit the units you are able to superior call. Units that are superior called are put in [Stand] unless otherwise specified, and units that are superior called to guardian circle are always put in [Rest] .
If you need to call multiple units simultaneously to rear-guard circles due to an effect or cost, you cannot put all of them on the same circle. Each unit must be called to a separate circle from the other.
In card text, "Superior Call" is identified by the sentence "placed on... due to an effect from a card/by a card ability".
Mechanics Related to Call
List of Anti Support Cards
|Bell-ringing Miko, Ouka||Oracle Think Tank||Human||Trigger unit (Stand)|
|Blue Storm Marine General, Despina||Aqua Force||Aquaroid||Trigger unit (Critical)|
|Phantom Black (V Series)||Megacolony||Insect|
|Powerful Song, Lacol||Bermuda Triangle||Mermaid|
|Abominable One, Gilles de Rais||Dark Irregulars||Vampire||G unit (Stride)|
|Blue Storm Breaking Dragon, Engulf Maelstrom||Aqua Force||Tear Dragon||G unit (Stride)|
|Dark Dragon, Phantom Blaster "Diablo"||Shadow Paladin||Abyss Dragon||G unit (Stride)|
|Dragstrider, Luard||Shadow Paladin||Abyss Dragon||G unit (Stride)|
|Fiery March Colossus||Gear Chronicle||Gear Colossus||G unit (Stride)|
|Lawless Mutant Deity, Obtirandus||Megacolony||Insect||G unit (Stride)|
|Metapulsar, Mystery-freeze Dragon||Gear Chronicle||Gear Dragon/Zodiac Time Beast||G unit (Stride)|
|Omniscience Dragon, Managarmr||Great Nature||Wild Dragon||G unit (Stride)|
|One Steeped in Sin, Scharhrot||Dark Irregulars||Vampire||G unit (Stride)|
|One who Hunts Souls, Balaam||Dark Irregulars||Demon||G unit (Stride)|
|Still Water Festival Deity, Ichikishima||Oracle Think Tank||Noble||G unit (Stride)|
- Due to the first cards that restrict calling guardians from hands are Silent Tom and Blue Storm Supreme Dragon, Glory Maelstrom, they have been nicknamed as "Tom Skill" and "Glory Skill" by fans respectively.