- Since the player him/herself chooses the units to be retired, you can easily get the Critical by retiring your own 11000 rear-guard and the opponent's 9000 rear-guard.
- An easy way to do this in a pure Ancient Dragon build is using Ancient Dragon, Babyrex's skill to call a Tyrannolegend, and then sacrifice Tyrannolegend for this unit's skill.
- Another way is to call a Cannon Fire Dragon, Cannon Gear the turn before.
- Alternatively, if the opponent happens to be the one that has a 11000 Power rearguard, you can retire it and your own Ancient Dragon, Tyrannobite to get the critical without losing any field advantage.
- Ancient Dragons have many Grade 3s that gain criticals on their own, you can use them to bait the opponent's Sentinels before Striding this card, forcing them to guard an extremely high powered attack with only regular shields and they'll likely be at 4 or higher damage.
- If you are unable to gain the extra critical, you can instead retire an important rearguard your opponent needs for their strategy, such as Commander Laurel.
- In a tag fight, this unit will 99% of the time get its critical+1, so retiring pesky Grade 1 rear-guards are preferable rather than retiring for the power boost.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.