This is a free-to-play game (with in-app purchases) which features a story mode as well as online fights against other players. It follows the original 2011 anime with Aichi and his friends.
Certain mechanics are changed from the Standard Fight Rules to allow a better and faster interaction, including the following changes.
- Some cards have new or different abilities, either for rebalancing purposes or to adjust to the changes in game mechanics. Some cards are also given a different grade from their original versions.
- Card text was updated for simpler wording to fit better on mobile device screens.
- Clan Fight rules are established by default, and all clan-based restrictions are removed from cards that originally had them.
- A deck must have 40 cards, where the only grade 0 card is its first vanguard, and there must be exactly thirteen cards for each grade 1-2-3.
- Because there are no other grade 0 cards in the deck, grade 3 cards are the trigger units. During deck construction, the player can assign trigger icons of their choice to each of the grade 3 cards in their deck.
- Rather than restricting cards from being used, such cards are given errata to make their effects less problematic.
- G Assist is not available.
- The player who will take the first turn is decided automatically at random.
- The player taking the second turn draws two cards for their initial draw phase.
- There is a hand size limit of 9 cards. If a new card is put into a player's hand while they already have 9 cards, that card is discarded to the drop zone immediately.
- Units that would be called or added to the player's hand or deck by an ability, if not specified where from, are created from outside the deck, similar to token units. Unlike tokens however, cards created by effects are treated as part of the player's deck for the rest of the fight and can exist in areas outside the field.
- Players do not get to choose the cards used for Soul Blast or Counter Blast. Soul Blast removes cards in the soul from oldest to newest, and Counter Blast uses cards in the damage zone from oldest to newest. Likewise, damage cards that are healed are removed from oldest to newest, prioritizing cards that have been used to Counter Blast.
- Upon the release of Set 9, Selective Soul Blast was added into the game, allowing players to choose which specific cards they Soul Blast.
- The Japanese version includes the named "Ride Support Function": Each player's opening hand is guaranteed to have randomly a non-Sentinel grade 1 and grade 2. The hand exchange is still available, so an ideal hand is even more possible.
- Cards have no [Shield] value. The guardian circle is removed, and there is no guard step.
- The intercept skill works different: If a player has any rear-guards with intercept in the front row, their opponent must remove them before they can attack the units without intercept . Some abilities allow attacks to ignore this.
- When the drive check reveals a trigger unit, that card is put into the drop zone after resolving its effects. If it is a normal unit, that card is put on the bottom of the player's deck instead.
- The [Critical] +1 effect of a critical trigger is automatically given to the vanguard.
- When your vanguard is dealt damage by your opponent's attack, after the damage check is performed, your vanguard gets [Power] +5000 until end of turn. This is known as "Damage Shield". All trigger effects revealed from the damage check automatically given to the vanguard.
- Perfect Guards automatically activate themselves when specific conditions are met.
Main article: Cardfight!! Vanguard ZERO/Story
- Main article: Cardfight!! Vanguard ZERO/Customization
- Main article: Category:CFZero
- Royal Paladin
- Oracle Think Tank
- Shadow Paladin
- Gold Paladin
- Angel Feather
- Nova Grappler
- Dimension Police
- Dark Irregulars
- Pale Moon
- Spike Brothers
- Bermuda Triangle
- Aqua Force
- Neo Nectar
- Great Nature
Currently JP only
- Main article: Fighters Gacha
- Main article: Rank Fight
- Main article: Cardfight!! Vanguard ZERO/Events
- ZERO by Psychic Lover.
- Even though TMS Entertainment doesn't have the rights to the Cardfight!! Vanguard franchise anymore, their images and assets are used in this game. However, the official logo is that from OLM Inc.