The game features a story mode as well as online play against other players. All of the cards and characters shown so far are from Season 1 of the original Cardfight!! Vanguard Anime.
Certain mechanics are changed from the Standard Fight Rules to a fastest interaction, including the following changes.
- Some cards have new abilities, as well as the card text was updated.
- Your deck must have 40 cards, where the only grade 0 card is your first vanguard, and you have thirteen cards from grade 1-2-3.
- Grade 3 cards have a trigger effect each of them, which can be decided by yourself during the deck construction, as you like.
- When your drive check reveals a trigger effect, that card is put into your drop zone, or when is a normal unit, that card is put on the bottom of your deck.
- When your vanguard takes damage by your opponent's attack, its [Power] increases by the [Shield] of the card put into your damage zone until end of turn, which is known as "Damage Shield".
- Your opponent's units cannot attack your vanguard as long as you have grade 2 rear-guards in the front row, which is known as a new "Intercept".
- During the battle that your vanguard is being attacked and will be hit, the Perfect Guard in your hand will activate by itself due to one of the conditions and put into your drop zone. If you have three or more damage, or if your opponent's unit during that battle has two or more [Critical] after the drive check. As a result of these changes, the guardian circle was removed.
- "ZERO" by Psychic Lover.
- Even though TMS Entertainment doesn't have the rights to the Cardfight!! Vanguard franchise anymore, their images and assets are used in this game.
- However, the Cardfight!! Vanguard logo that is used in this game is from OLM Inc.