"Cross Ride" (クロスライド Kurosu Raido) is an official term introduced in Booster Set 5: Awakening of Twin Blades which refers to the act of riding a grade 3 unit on top of another grade 3 unit which is referenced in that new unit's text. Currently, there are two types of form to classify a card to be Cross Ride from another.
- Classic: The unit gains [Power] +2000 at all times while on (VC), if their previous incarnation is in the soul. Its other unique ability is independent of meeting the previous condition.
- G Era: Introduced in G Extra Booster 1: Cosmic Roar, and also known unofficially as "Neo Cross Ride" and "Cross Ride G". These cards no longer gain a continuous [Power] increase, but instead have two characteristic abilities: one main one, which requires their previous incarnation in the soul, and another one, usable not only on (VC), which allows the player to more easily get their original incarnation into the soul.
Originally, Cross Ride units had a continuous ability which gave them [Power] -2000 if the player had a unit on (VC) or (RC) of a different clan than the Cross Ride unit. Starting with Booster Set 9: Clash of the Knights & Dragons, Lord was introduced as a replacement for the [Power] decrease. Starting with Fighters Collection 2014, clan-based restrictions were no longer present on Cross Ride units due to the implementation of Clan Fight regulations.
Booster Set 12: Binding Force of the Black Rings introduced the concept of having a Cross Ride for a Break Ride card, the first of which was Eradicator, Vowing Saber Dragon "Яeverse". This type was called a "Crossbreak Ride" (クロスブレイク ライド Kurosubureiku Raido) in the anime.
In Cardfight!! Vanguard ZERO, Cross Ride is treated as a keyword ability. It is worded as "[Cross Ride]: (name of unit)", and grants the unit [Power] +2000 on (VC) while the named unit is in the soul. Some cards that were not Cross Rides in the physical game have become Cross Rides in ZERO.
List of Cards
Classic Cross Rides
Neo Cross Rides
Cross Rides Exclusive to ZERO
|Clan||Original Form||Cross Ride Form|
|Nova Grappler||Ultimate Lifeform, Cosmo Lord||Infinite Corrosion Form, Death Army Cosmo Lord|
- Cross Ride is a term that was originally used in the anime with no mention of it in canon TCG material. However, since then it has been introduced as a term in the official rulebook. A special feature of potential Cross Ride units may contain two different same-grade units that share similar archetype, graphic design and naming conventions, although this is not a guaranteed feature.
- The first two Cross Ride units, Dragonic Overlord the End and Phantom Blaster Overlord, are currently the only Cross Rides that can use Persona Blast.
- With the release of the Break Ride version of Dragonic Overlord, the End is the first Cross Break Ride without a Limit Break, followed by Phantom Blaster Dragon.
- Also, the release of Brawler, Big Bang Knuckle Buster signifies the first Legion Leader to have its own Cross Ride version, riding over Brawler, Big Bang Knuckle Dragon, another Legion Leader, and whose Legion Mate is the upgrade of the former.
- Narukami is the first clan to feature Cross Break Ride, and also feature its first Legion-style counterpart as well.
- Genesis is the first clan to feature Cross Break Ride with an Ultimate Break Unit: Regalia of Wisdom and Courage, Brynhildr, which also signifies the first clan with two Cross Ride forms not to include any "Яeverse" forms at all.
- Nova Grappler currently has 5 Cross Ride units (two Crossbreak Ride units going to the same unit), currently making it the clan that has the most Cross Ride units.
- Super Dimensional Robo, Daiyusha, Beast Deity, Ethics Buster, Silver Thorn Dragon Tamer, Luquier and both forms of Dragonic Overlord and Blue Storm Dragon, Maelstrom all have two Cross Ride forms, including a "Яeverse" form given to them by Link Joker.
- A Ride Chain also can include Cross Ride. These include Shangri-La Star, Coral, Galaxy Blaukluger and Phantom Blaster Overlord for example.
- Ultimate Dimensional Robo, Great Daikaiser is the first Cross Ride without a negative effect to be released.