Fight Formats are the different modes in which a Cardfight!! Vanguard game can be played. Each format provides rules for deck construction, and unless otherwise specified, the Standard Fight Rules are applied.
A set of Deck Regulations is also applied according to the specified format.
- Only cards with icon in their collection information may be used (See this list for all such cards).
- A Ride Deck must be used.
- Only cards with icon in their collection information may be used (See this list for all such cards). Cards with the collection IDs VPR/0001, V-SD01/### and V-SD02/### are treated as having the icon.
- All cards may be used regardless of having an icon or not.
- Players open sealed booster packs and build decks using only cards they get from there, then play cardfights using those decks.
- Main article: Relay Fight Rules
- A cardfight consisting of teams 3 vs 3. Each team picks one of their members to begin fighting each other, and when one of them loses, they are eliminated and one of their teammates takes over the fight in their place. The first team to have all three of their members eliminated loses.
- Main article: Tag Fight Rules
- A cardfight consisting of teams 2 vs 2, where each team sits together on one side of the table. Damage is shared between teammates; the first team to get to 9 damage loses.
- A main deck consists of 25 cards.
- Only 4 damage is needed to win the game.
- Only 8 trigger units are allowed per deck, including a maximum of 2 heal triggers.
- Players open sealed booster packs and take turns selecting cards from the packs to build decks.
- Main article: Booster Draft
These are one-player cardfights where the player, using their own deck, plays against a character from the anime, whose actions are simulated using dice rolls.
- Introduced alongside Standard and Premium Standard when they became the new formats, and announced to be officially supported for a limited time only. A few tournaments were held and a few prize cards were given for this format until it was discontinued.
- Only cards released during the "G series" era may be used (including reprints of old cards). Cards with the icon may not be used.
- Some cards from the Series did not have the icon. These cards were listed on the official website.
- This format was officially discontinued on October 30, 2018.
Some regions where Cardfight Vanguard is published have created their own formats.
G Regulation Plus
- This format was announced by Oriental Wave, the publishers of Cardfight Vanguard in Italy, on May 15th, 2021. The following cards are legal in this format:
- This format exists only in the Thai version of Cardfight Vanguard. In this format, all cards currently released in Thailand are legal except for G units and G guardians.