"G unit" (Ｇユニット Ji Yunitto) is a type of unit. Currently, all G units are grade 4. Unlike normal units and trigger units, G units are placed in the G deck during deck construction, which can contain up to 16 cards, with a maximum of 4 copies of a card by name.
The appearance of a G unit card differs based on its mechanic:
- G units with Stride have a red card frame and no shield value.
- G units with G guardian have a green card frame, an elaborate box for their shield value and a "G-GUARDIAN" label in place of power and critical values.
- During setup, a player's G deck is placed face down as his or her G zone. The G deck need not be shuffled; a player may view the face-down cards in his or her G zone at any time.
- G units cannot be normal rode nor normal called. Instead, they have procedures which allow themselves to be placed on the field.
- During a game, cards in a player's G zone may be placed face up. The face-up cards in each player's G zone are public information.
- A G unit card can only be in the G zone or on a circle on the field. If a G unit would be put into another zone, that G unit is instead returned to the G zone face up. In addition, if a G unit would be flipped face down while on a circle (except by being deleted), it is also instead returned to the G zone face up.
Mechanics Related to G Units
List of Support Cards
|Wakey Wakey Worker||Gear Chronicle||Workeroid||Trigger unit (Stand)|
|Air Elemental, Twitterun||Cray Elemental||Elemental|
|Mechanized Gear Tiger||Gear Chronicle||Gear Beast|
|Thunderbolt Shockwave Colossus||Gear Chronicle||Gear Colossus||G unit (Stride)|
Calling G units to (RC)
Starting with G Booster Set 10: Raging Clash of the Blade Fangs, there are cards that allow G units to be called to rear-guard circles.
|Ambush Demon Stealth Dragon, Shibarakku Viktor||Murakumo||Abyss Dragon||G unit (Stride)|
|Dragon Deity of Destruction, Gyze||Cray Elemental||Gyze||G unit|
|Enma Stealth King, Mujinlord "Dagoku"||Nubatama||Demon||G unit (Stride)|
|Fancy Megatrick, Darklord Princess||Pale Moon||Human||G unit (Stride)|
|Rogue Deity of the Third Realm, Yasuie Gouma||Murakumo||Demon||G unit (Stride)|
Starting with G Booster Set 13: Ultimate Stride, there are G units that flip themselves down, allowing them to be reused, with the drawback of lowering Generation Break number. To counterbalance the drawback, it also always comes with extra benefit to the player.
|Clan||Card Name||Conditions/Cost||Extra Effect||Associated Mechanic|
|Aqua Force||Blue Wave Armor General, Galfilia||Soul Blast (1)||Counter Charge, Unlock or Undelete 1 card||G guardian|
|Neo Nectar||Sacred Tree Dragon, Rainbow Cycle Dragon||When this card is put into G zone face up, return two normal units from the drop zone to the deck||none||G guardian|
|Nova Grappler||Meteokaiser, Dogantitan||Soul Blast (1)||Counter Charge, Unlock or Undelete 1 card||G guardian|
- Harmonics Messiah is the only G unit with a card frame that is the same color as normal units. This is because it was released prior to G units' mechanics being officially revealed.