|Main||Accel Gift||Force Gift||Protect Gift||Gallery (1)||Gallery (2)|
Protect (プロテクト Purotekuto) is a gift type focused on impenetrable defense. It is represented by the color green.
The two gift types associated with the Protect icon are:
- Protect I: Add a Protect gift marker to your hand. You can later call it to (GC) as a unit with sentinel and the Perfect Guard ability ("[AUTO](GC):When placed, COST [discard a card from your hand], and one of your units cannot be hit until end of that battle.").
- Protect II: Choose one of your (RC), and put a Protect gift marker in landscape orientation on that circle (under any units on that circle). For the rest of the game, units on that circle get [Power] +5000 during both players' turns, and [Shield] +10000 if they are sent to (GC) via intercept . If multiple Protect II gift markers are on a circle, the [Power] and [Shield] boosts from each of them are cumulative.
Protect clans have a higher emphasis on utility. Many of these clans focus on drawing cards, hand filtering, retiring units, searching the deck, etc.
- The characteristics of a Protect card are:
- It is treated as a pseudo-card named "Protect."
- Its card type is "protect" rather than a unit card type.
- Its grade is "protect." This is not a numerical value and cannot be increased or decreased.
- It has sentinel. This does not affect the number of sentinels you can include in your deck during deck construction, but is included so that cards that interact with sentinels (such as "Dragonic Waterfall" and "Resolute Maiden, Chitose") can interact with them.
- It has the Perfect Guard ability as described above.
- A Protect card counts as a card (but not a unit card) while in the hand and as a unit card while on (GC). Thus it can be chosen and affected by abilities that affect cards of the appropriate type and can be used to pay for costs. For example, a Protect card can be discarded for a cost that requires discarding cards from the hand, but cannot be discarded for a cost that requires discarding units from the hand.
- Because a Protect card is a pseudo-card, if is put into any zone other than the hand or (GC), it immediately ceases to exist. The gift marker representing it is put away, and can be reused later.
- This includes if a Protect card is placed on the field as a locked card, such as through the effect of "Death Star-vader, Chaos Breaker Deluge".
- This also includes if a Protect card is put into the damage zone, such as with the effect of "Brisk Medical, Iruel"; in this case, the player has effectively "healed" a card from their damage zone.
- Protect cards cannot be called or ridden, even by effects (such as that of "Evil-eye Vidya Emperor, Shiranui "Rinne""). If it attempts to happen, the card remains in the hand instead.
A Protect II gift marker is not considered a circle, card or unit while on the field, so it cannot be chosen by abilities and effects cannot be applied to it. However, the circle that the gift marker is on can still be chosen by abilities and have effects applied to it.
List of Protect clans
List of cards with Imaginary Gift: Protect
|Aesthetic Visual, Simapesiel||Angel Feather|
|Cosmo Healer, Ergodiel||Angel Feather|
|Crimson Impact, Metatron||Angel Feather|
|Mobile Hospital, Feather Palace||Angel Feather|
|Solidify Celestial, Zerachiel||Angel Feather|