"Nightmare Dolls" (ナイトメアドール Naitomeadōru) is a series of Workeroid cards that include "Nightmare Doll" in its card name exclusive to the Pale Moon clan. The first card was introduced in Booster Set 3: Demonic Lord Invasion. They received their first support in G Booster Set 5: Moonlit Dragonfang, and received further support in Fighters Collection 2015 Winter, G Booster Set 8: Absolute Judgment, and G Character Booster 3: Rummy Labyrinth Under the Moonlight.
Prior to G Booster Set 5: Moonlit Dragonfang, "Nightmare Dolls" had no significant strategy beyond the usual calling from the soul that is typical of Pale Moon; however, after Moonlit Dragonfang was released, the build changed now focusing towards repeatedly calling "Alice" from the soul and increasing her Power using cards such as "Catherine", "Ginny", and "Leslie" so you can easily pressure the opponent with multiple large attacks from "Alice". You are also able to move crucial <Workeroids> out of soul with the help of "Brenda" to set up your field for offensive combination plays. Their G unit "Beatrix" can add and take out <Workeroids> from the soul allowing for crucial pieces to be called for offensive plays and to easily place units into the soul for later combination plays. With the release of G Character Booster 3: Rummy Labyrinth Under the Moonlight, Nightmare Dolls have received a lot of support fixing a lot of their consistency issues. Their playstyle is still mostly the same (buffing up Alice turns) but there is now a lot more versatile and easier to accomplish ways of getting the core cards needed into the soul or on Vanguard.
List of "Nightmare Doll" Cards
- Nightmare Doll, Dory (Heal)
- Nightmare Doll, Mirabel (Critical)
- Nightmare Doll, Natalie
- Nightmare Doll, Pamela
- Nightmare Doll, Sydney (Draw)
- Nightmare Doll, Wendy (Critical)
- Nightmare Doll, Beverley
- Nightmare Doll, Claris
- Nightmare Doll, Edith
- Nightmare Doll, Juliet
- Nightmare Doll, Leslie
- Nightmare Doll, Liza
- Nightmare Doll, Elin
- Nightmare Doll, Gerda
- Nightmare Doll, Ginny
- Nightmare Doll, Rhoda
- Nightmare Doll Master, Brenda
- Nightmare Doll, Alice
- Nightmare Doll, Alice (V Series)
- Nightmare Doll, Amy
- Nightmare Doll, Carroll
- Nightmare Doll, Carroll (V Series)
- Nightmare Doll, Catherine
- Nightmare Doll, Chelsea
- Katsumi Morikawa from the anime has a fear of Nightmare Dolls, especially Alice.
- Unlike most cards that have their name written in Katakana, the Nightmare Dolls have their name written in Hiragana. It is unknown whether "Nightmare Doll" is their actual name, while their name is actually their title.
- Asaka Narumi is the character in the anime that uses "Nightmare Dolls" in Vanguard G's second Season versus team TRY3
- "Nightmare Doll Master, Brenda" is the only unit with "Nightmare Doll" in its name that isn't a <Workeroid>.