"Progenitor Dragons" (
The cost for each of the Progenitor Dragons' Stride abilities differ from standard Stride, as they require the player to discard a card with the same name as a card on their vanguard circle. In addition, each of the Progenitor Dragons have abilities that prevent them from being turned face up while in the G zone, as well as allowing the player to Stride any G unit, including another Progenitor Dragon, without paying the cost while at least one is face up in the G zone.
List of "Progenitor Dragon" Cards
- The title naming theme is based off of common elements throughout fiction, similar to the Cray Elementals.
- They are also known as the "Messiah Dragons" (or other similar monikers) throughout the community, and seen as the "good" counterparts to the Zeroth Dragons.
- Like the Zeroth Dragons, the Progenitor Dragons have a crest somewhere on or around them. This crest closely resembles that of Harmonics Messiah (hence the nickname "Messiah Dragons"). They also share a Stride cost (requiring the cost to be paid by discarding a card with the same card name as one of your vanguards).
- However, unlike the Zeroth Dragons, "Progenitor Dragon" is simply a card title, and not a race or archetype. Each Progenitor Dragon has a race that coincides with the nation they represent.
- Coincidentally, the Japanese name starts with G, resembling G units, and along with Ryū, also resembles the rarity GR.