Rank Fight (ランクファイト Rankufaito) is a format of competitive games in Cardfight!! Vanguard ZERO, where players are paired with a random opponent online to fight in real time. It is unlocked at Fighters Grade 11.
- With each fight, the winning fighter receives 3000 VP and the losing fighter receives 500 VP for each damage they dealt to the opponent during the fight, up to a maximum of 3000 VP (cards that were placed on/removed from damage zone by card effects do not increase/reduce the total amount).
- When you win a Rank Fight, you gain rank points. If you lose a Rank Fight, you lose rank points. You gain more or lose fewer rank points depending on how high-ranking your opponent is.
- The minimum rank point is 0. If you lose a fight that would take you to 0 or negative rank points, you remain at 0. Your rank does not decrease as a result of losing a Rank Fight.
- Once you earn 100 rank points, you will either:
- Rank up (if not at the highest level within a ranking category), or
- Get a chance to rank up by winning rank up fights.
- Once you have earned a chance to rank up to the next category, you will need to win once within your next 2 fights. If you do, you will rank up to the next category. If you lose both fights, you will retain your rank, but your rank points will become 99. Once you get back to 100 points, you will earn another chance to rank up.
- Each rank up awards 50 gems, plus an extra reward via unlocking an achievement if it is the first time ranking up to that category.
- Each ranking category has one or more ranks within it. The ranking categories are, from lowest to highest:
- LEGEND Rank has its own ranking system. LEGEND rank starts at LEGEND 0, and you can rank up to LEGEND 1, LEGEND 2, etc. each time you get 100 rank points. There is no maximum limit to LEGEND ranks.
- Within LEGEND rank, the winner/loser of a Rank Fight receives rank points depending on their rank. (Winning or losing a fight against a player of a higher rank causes the player to gain more or lose fewer rank points.)
- For Legend 0-9: +30/-20
- For Legend 10-19: +25/-20
- For Legend 20 and above: +20/-20
A competitive period within LEGEND Rank where players can win exclusive rewards according to the season. Each LEGEND rank season lasts 15 days, with two per month, officially referred to as "early month" and "late month." After each season, all fighters' LEGEND Rank and VP are reset back to 0. In the ranking section, you can find the top 100 fighters and find their own placement, listed as either unranked or, if high enough, the number indicating their position within the top players.
At the end of each season, LEGEND players earn special rewards depending on their rank:
- One card sleeve each for reaching LEGEND 3 and 5.
- One prize card each for reaching LEGEND 10, 20, 30 and 50.
- Additional prizes for players within the top 1000:
|1st||4 SP Prize card of the season + 1st place trophy + Shield + Special title|
|2nd||4 SP Prize card + 2nd place trophy + Shield + 2nd place title|
|3rd||4 SP Prize card + 3rd place trophy + Shield + 3rd place title|
|4th to 10th||3 SP Prize card + Top 10 trophy + Shield + Top 10 title|
|11th to 100th||2 SP Prize card + Shield + Top 100 title|
|101th to 1000th||1 SP Prize card|
- When your VP reaches certain amount, you will get rewards as listed in the table below. Items listed in red are redeemable for cards.
- VP can be earned from Rank Fight, Character Fight and Story Mode.
- IMPORTANT: If you forfeit a game too early, your VP and Clan Level will not be increased.
|My Room Coins||500||10000|
|RRR Guaranteed Gacha Ticket||1||1000000|
|Creation Stones||1000||Every 100000 afterwards|
|My Room Coins||100||10000|
|My Room Coins||200||30000|
|My Room Coins||300||80000|
|My Room Coins||400||200000|
|My Room Coins||500||400000|
|My Room Coins||1000||800000|
|Gacha Ticket||1||Every additional 100000|
up to 2000000