Rank Fight (ランクファイト Rankufaito) is a format of competitive games in Cardfight!! Vanguard ZERO, where players are paired with a random opponent online to fight in real time. It is unlocked at Fighters Grade 11.
- With each fight, the winning fighter receives 3000 VP and the losing fighter receives 500 VP for each damage they dealt to the opponent during the fight, up to a maximum of 3000 VP (cards that were changed in the damage zone by card effects do not affect the total amount).
- When you win a Rank Fight, you gain rank points. When you lose a Rank Fight, you lose rank points. You gain more or lose fewer rank points depending on how high-ranking your opponent was.
- The minimum rank point is 0. If you lose a fight that would take you to 0 or negative rank points, you remain at 0. Your rank does not decrease as a result of losing.
- Once you earn 100 rank points, you will either:
- Rank up (if not at the highest level within a ranking category), or
- Get a chance to rank up by winning the fight.
- Once you have earned a chance to rank up to the next category, you will need to win once within your next 2 fights. If you do, you will rank up to the next category. If you lose both fights, you will retain your rank, but your rank points will become 99. Once you get back to 100 points, you will earn another chance to rank up.
- Each rank up awards gems. An extra reward such as sleeves or a card is also granted at certain legend ranks.
- Each ranking category has one or more ranks within it. The ranking categories are, from lowest to highest:
- LEGEND Rank has its own ranking system. LEGEND rank starts at LEGEND 0, and you can rank up to LEGEND 1, LEGEND 2, etc., each time you get 100 rank points. There is no maximum limit to LEGEND ranks.
- Within LEGEND rank, the winner/loser of a Rank Fight receives rank points depending on their rank. (Winning or losing a fight against a player of a higher rank causes the player to gain more or lose fewer rank points.)
- For LEGEND 0-9: +30/-20
- For LEGEND 10-19: +25/-20
- For LEGEND 20 and above: +20/-20
- At the start of each new season, all fighters with LEGEND 0 or higher are reset back to LEGEND 0 at 0 pts.
A competitive period within LEGEND Rank where players can win exclusive rewards according to the season. Each LEGEND rank season lasts 15 days, with two per month, officially referred to as "early month" and "late month." After each season, all fighters' LEGEND Rank and VP are reset back to 0. In the ranking section, you can find the top 100 fighters and find your own placement, listed as either unranked or, if high enough, the number indicating their position within the top players.
At the end of each season, LEGEND players earn special rewards depending on their rank:
- One card sleeve each for reaching LEGEND 3 and 5
- One prize card each for reaching LEGEND 10, 20, 30 and 50.
- Additional prizes for players within the top 3000 include the following (Note that the Japanese version only reaches top 1000):
|1st||4 SP Prize card of the season + 1st place trophy + Shield + Special title|
|2nd||4 SP Prize card + 2nd place trophy + Shield + 2nd place title|
|3rd||4 SP Prize card + 3rd place trophy + Shield + 3rd place title|
|4th to 10th||3 SP Prize card + Top 10 trophy + Shield + Top 10 title|
|11th to 100th||2 SP Prize card + Shield + Top 100 title|
|101th to 1000th/3000th||1 SP Prize card + Top 1000 or Top 3000 (Global only) title depending on placement|
- When your VP reaches certain amount, you will get rewards as listed in the table below. Items listed in red are redeemable for cards.
- VP can be earned from Rank Fight, Character Fight and Story Mode.
- IMPORTANT: If you forfeit a game too early, your VP and Clan Level will not be increased.
|My Room Coins||100||10000|
|My Room Coins||200||30000|
|My Room Coins||300||80000|
|My Room Coins||400||200000|
|My Room Coins||500||400000|
|My Room Coins||1000||800000|
|Gacha Ticket||1||Every additional 100000|
up to 2000000
|My Room Coins||500||10000|
|Gacha Ticket||1||Every additional 100000|
up to 2000000
|20||Purgatory Revenger||120px||100px||February 1, 2021 - January 15, 2021|
|19||Fierce Tiger Invasion||120px||100px||January 16, 2021 - January 31, 2021|
|18||Planet-Conquering Girl||100px||January 1, 2021 - January 15, 2021|
|17||Love Machine Gun||100px||December 16, 2020 - December 31, 2020|
|16||Pure Foundation Knight||100px||December 1, 2020 - December 15, 2020|
|15||Goddess of the Moonlit Night||100px||November 16, 2020 - November 30, 2020|
|14||Liberator of the Sacred Realm||100px||November 1, 2020 - November 15, 2020|
|13||Ultimate Limit Break||October 16, 2020 - October 31, 2020|
|12||Blue Storm Sea Dragon||October 1, 2020 - October 15, 2020|
|11||CORAL on STAGE||September 16, 2020 - September 30, 2020|
|10||Super Dimensional Hero||September 1, 2020 - September 15, 2020|
|09||Oracle Battle Maiden||August 16, 2020 - August 31, 2020|
|08||Thunderbolt Blitz||August 1, 2020 - August 15, 2020|
|07||The Legendary Idol||July 16, 2020 - July 31, 2020|
|06||Blazing Warrior||July 1, 2020 - July 15, 2020|
|05||Lovely Voices of Affection||June 16, 2020 - June 30, 2020|
|04||Explode! Ultimate Machine||June 1, 2020 - June 15, 2020|
|03||Goddess of the Sun||May 16, 2020 - May 31, 2020|
|02||Tyrant of the Empire||May 1, 2020 - May 15, 2020|
|01||The Sword of Courage||April 9, 2020 - April 30, 2020|
|00||Trial Season||March 26, 2020 - April 8, 2020|
- Due to a bug caused at the end of the season 18 of the Japanese version, said season was extended a few additional days, and the season 19 was adjusted with the rewards (Promo card was given on LEGEND 8, 16, 24, and 40, and sleeve cards were given on LEGEND 2 and 4, respectively). This latter was also applied in the same way for the season 17 of the Global version, even though said bug was not present.