How it Works
A unit with the "Restraint" ability cannot attack while it is on the indicated circle. Nearly all units with "Restraint" have a condition that can be fulfilled or a cost that can be paid in order to remove "Restraint" temporarily.
"Restraint" is generally found on units with much higher [Power] than other units of their grade (for example, a grade 2 unit with "Restraint" may have [Power] 11000), to balance them out with other units of the same grade.
List of Cards
Can be Removed
- Imprisoned Fallen Angel, Saraqael (Paying Soul Blast (3))
- Genie Soldat (When an opponent's rear-guard is put into the drop zone during your main phase)
- Thunder Spear Wielding Exorcist Knight (Paying Counter Blast (1))
- Brutal Jack (Paying Counter Blast (1))
- Imperial Daughter (Paying Counter Blast (1) & putting an Oracle Think Tank rear-guard into the soul, or if it is on (VC) and the player has no rear-guards)
- Golden Beast Tamer (Paying Soul Blast (3))
- Knight of Makal, Samurai Mask (When an opponent's rear-guard is put into the drop zone during your main phase)
Cannot be Removed Easily
- Prowling Dragon, Striken (has no "Restraint" on (RC))
- Deity Sealing Kid, Soh Koh (Cannot be removed by itself at all)
- Black Elephant Mask with Great Authority (has no "Restraint" on (VC))
- Green Tea Worm Mask SD (has no "Restraint" on (VC))
- Hunter Mask (has no "Restraint" on (VC))
- It was strictly the first keyword ability to be released.
- In the anime, the action to remove it is known as "Restraint Release" (
拘 束 解 除Kōsoku Kaijo).