Skill icons (スキルアイコン sukiru aikon) are common abilities that nearly all units have based on their grade. Each icon shows which ability the unit has.
Some card abilities can cause units to gain or lose skill icons. As skill icons are not inherently tied to a unit's grade, abilities that alter the grade of a unit will not affect its skill icon.
- When your unit declares its attack, you can [Rest] a unit with "Boost" in the back row of the same column as the attacking unit to have it boost the attacking unit. The power of the boosted unit increases by the power of the boosting unit.
- If your vanguard is in Legion, you choose one of the two vanguards to be boosted.
- The power of the boosting unit is continuously added to the boosted unit for the duration of the battle. If the boosting unit gains power, the gained power is added to the boosted unit. If the boosting unit ceases to exist, the boosted power is lost.
- Currently only grade 0 and grade 1 units have "Boost".
- During your opponent's guard step, if your rear-guard with "Intercept" is in the front row, is not being attacked, and another of your units is being attacked, you can move the card with "Intercept" to your guardian circle.
- This is considered moving the unit from rear-guard circle to guardian circle (as opposed to placing it on the guardian circle), so "When this unit is placed on (GC)..." abilities do not activate.
- The units that have intercepted become treated as guardians in the guardian circle, and will retire once the battle ends regardless of whether or not the attack hits.
- Currently only grade 2 units have "Intercept".
- Certain effects allow to your units to intercept from the back row.
- It gives the unit with "Twin Drive!!" drive+1, allowing them to drive check two cards instead of one during the drive step.
- Currently only grade 3 cards and grade 4 normal units have "Twin Drive!!".
- A Drive ability. "Triple Drive!!" gives the unit with the ability +2 drive, allowing them to drive check three cards instead of one during the drive step.
- Currently only grade 4 Stride have "Triple Drive!!!".
- G guardians are the only units to lack skill icons.
- In the anime, units with abilities that grant them extra [Shield] upon intercepting are called "Especial Intercept".