|“|| Manifest yourself by devouring my future!|
—Chant when declaring Ultimate Stride
"Ultimate Stride" (
G units with the "Ultimate Stride" ability generally have the following characteristics:
- Like G units with Stride, they have a red-colored frame with golden lines, and they are grade 4 cards with "Triple Drive!!!".
- They have an original power of 25000 (instead of the 15000/16000 that standard G units with Stride have), in addition to a "+", reflecting the fact that they gain power from their heart card.
- They have the Zeroth Dragon race.
- They have an AUTO ability that activates when they are placed on the vanguard circle which has a cost of Counter Blast (2).
How It Works
- "Ultimate Stride" works the same as the "Stride" ability, but with the following differences:
- "Ultimate Stride" can only be performed if you have three or more face up cards in your G zone, and it must share the same nation as your vanguard. It does not matter if you or your opponent do not have a grade 3 or greater vanguard.
- The cost for "Ultimate Stride" is to choose a card from your hand with the same card name as a card on your vanguard circle and discard it.
- If the G unit that Strode would be put into the G zone, put all cards from your G zone, including the returned G unit, into your remove zone face up. This zone is located away from the main zones of the game, but close enough so that the cards in it are visible to both players. The number of cards in your G zone becomes 0 as a result, so Generation Break abilities become no longer usable.
- Cards that allow you to pay a different cost for "Stride" do not apply to "Ultimate Stride" unless otherwise specified.
- If a G unit Strides due to an effect that is not Ultimate Stride, it does not follow the conditions listed above.
List of Cards with Ultimate Stride
Alternative Cost for Ultimate Stride
Starting with Dragfall, Luard, some cards possess the ability to allow you to pay the Ultimate Stride's cost using alternative methods.
|Shadow Paladin||Dragfall, Luard||Ritual X, Counter Blast (4) - X & Choose a normal unit from drop zone, and put it on the bottom of the deck|
- The kanji of the name (究極超越 Kyūkyoku Chōetsu) means "Ultimate Transcendence".
- According to the Japanese Vanguard Column #54, discarding a card with the same card name as the vanguard can be interpreted as the "devouring your own future".